Skip to main content

10/25/2023

 I want to welcome technology enthusiasts. Thank you for visiting my blog. I saw something that moved me enough to write a post. I got in my work email an item from D-Wave. As anyone that has followed my blog knows, that company is one that inspires me and that proves to me Quantum Computing is a reality. That it is just a matter of time, and everyone will be using Quantum in one way or another.

 The pdf is titled “How Quantum Can Fuel Operational Excellence Today”.  It is free. The website will ask for a name and an email address but giving them information to get hold of the material is well worth it. That type of information on anyone is easy to find on the internet anyhow.

 The second thing that happened this week will take some background information in order to understand the story.  I live in Western New York. Chuck Schumer is a New York Senator working in Washington D.C. I have heard him speak at my bachelor graduation ceremony at Alfred State College. Senator Schumer has also spoken to my students at multiple graduations. He was in the Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse areas to announce that the three areas combined is one of the first federal superconductor tech hubs.  Mandating that area is planting the seed to make that area the New Silicon Valley. Giving manufacturers an area to start building in Western New York.

 On a more personal note, I have launched my Microcomputing Website. It is not even close to being done.  But it is good enough to share. I am planning to bring links to websites that link to free tools for PC maintenance and repair. I will make sure the links are free of payloads.  Currently the site has links to sites that I have used for ages but some I have just found. In the future they all will be evaluated.

 \I want to thank you for visiting and as usual I will leave the blog on for you.

Popular posts from this blog

September 3, 2023

  As one of the youtubers my family follows would say, “Hello all you beautiful people.”  I know it has been a while since I posted. I am hoping you came back and was happy to find that I posted something.   I am following my day job and I am finishing getting set up for this semester's classes that I am teaching. I was going to wait till I could do a deep dive on one of the Quantum Computing topics. I believe that might be too long till I can do that.    Microsoft Bing came to the rescue. I opened “Edge” to get started on the day’s work and there was an article on Quantum Computing. An article that proves my point, that our current group of students, no matter what level, will be the ones bringing Quantum Computing to all of our lives one way or another.   Check the article by clicking here Will quantum computing emerge as a disruptive in the near future? Discover Quantum Computing investment opportunities.      In short, the article...

RittenhouseRV First Quantum Blog Post

  R ittenhouseRV's  Blog It seems fitting for my first post, for my Quantum Computing blog, to discuss the two types of Quantum Computers. The reason it seems fitting is that when I decided to use Quantum Computing for my master's degree thesis was the fact that the company D-Wave was selling quantum computing since the turn of the 20th century. I knew that their computer was an annealing type of quantum computing. All I understood at that time was it had to do with superconducting chips. It turns out that we are in the Beta and VHS phase of development when it comes to quantum computing. What do I mean?  Anyone that lived through that time would understand. At the dawn of the video cassette age there were two types of video tapes, Beta Max and VHS. In time everyone used just VHS. Meanwhile my family now had two copies of everything. So, in the quantum age, we have annealing and gateway type of quantum computers. D-Wave has been selling quantum-annealing co...

November 18, 2023

  Hello My Blog Followers, I am sorry it has been a while.   It is the end of the semester and things are moving at a busy pace.   It is hard to buy out time to share information. I thought I would take some time and tell you what is coming down the road for the blogs and the information I present. The first is I am hoping to display some of the activities of my students from this semester: Microcomputer Systems and Network and Security Protocols. Microcomputer Systems is based on the CompTIA A+ information.   I have my students’ doing videos on the different subjects that we cover in that class. If I get their permission to publish, I will share that with my followers. The Network and Security Protocols consists of seventh semester Bachelor students and three Master level students.   All of them are going to be making videos on High-Speed networking.   Today’s technology is looking at making it standard to have at least ten gigs for data collecting...